Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Welcome to my Non-Gaming Friends

Being a gamer is an odd hobby.  Most of us don't really talk about it too much, or at least go into detail about it. In today's internet age with World of Warcraft and the multitude of other rpg-styled games, being a "gamer" doesn't necessarily have the stigma attached to it that it once did.  Still, we typically won't say much until we've got a feel for someone and how they might handle the revelation that you play Dungeons and Dragons, or whatever game.  Friends, family, co-workers... you probably don't really "get" what we enjoy doing in our free time.

I put a post on my Facebook wall today and invited those folks to come see what I do here.  If you, gentle reader, are one of those - Welcome! Feel free to become a follower of the blog, just to see what I ramble on about, if you're into that sort of thing.  For me, I think it might be interesting to see a non-gamer's point of view on some of the things I write about here, even if you don't get into gaming yourself.

I hope you aren't too weirded out, but at 42, I yam what I yam, ya know?

Caio!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. :) I guess sometimes people go all "what the eff" about gaming, but if you set your mind to it, it can be pretty fun for everybody! :)

    ___
    call Sri Lanka

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I think! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete